Upcoming Virtual Events
Throughout the year, we host a variety of virtual events at no cost to you. If you're interested in attending any of the events below, send us an email at email@example.com and let us know which one.
2023 Mid-Year Review: Causes for optimism and caution
Thursday, June 8, 2023
11 am PT | 12 pm MT | 1 pm CT | 2 pm ET | 3 pm AT | 3:30 pm NL
Join Chief Investment Strategist, Philip Petursson, live as he reviews the year so far.
- A review of Philip’s predictions from the 2023 Market Outlook Webinar.
- Trends to watch closely in 2023 and early 2024.
- A live Q&A chat with Ashish Utarid and Pierre-Benoît Gauthier, AVPs of Investment Strategy.
Past Virtual Events
Finances and Dementia: Advice for the Journey
Thursday, April 20, 2023
10 am PT | 11 am MT | 12 pm CT | 1 pm ET | 1 pm AT | 2:30 pm NL
Today, there are more than 600,000 people living with dementia in Canada. By 2030, we can expect this number to be close to 1 million. Apart from the emotional and mental health impact, costs for people with dementia are 5.5 times greater than for individuals who have not been diagnosed with the condition. The seniors, parents and grandparents of our communities often face unique financial challenges that come with age. For those facing the journey with dementia, the need for advice has never been greater.
Join Christine Van Cauwenberghe, Head of Financial Planning, IG Wealth Management, and Dr. Sarah Main, Research Scientist, Alzheimer Society of Canada for this interactive webinar.
Together they will provide:
- Tips and tools for wealth planning for aging individuals
- Advice for caregivers and people living with dementia
- Tax considerations and resources available for Canadians
Succession planning in the agriculture sector
Thursday, March 9th
1 PM CT
Agriculture can be a rewarding, yet challenging career. People in the sector face specific issues when planning their business' succession. IG Wealth Management is proud to support Canada's agricultural sector with advice that's tailored to its unique business needs. Join our expert panel as they discuss how to set your agricultural business up for future success.
This session will cover:
- Starting the conversation on a successful farm transition
- Retirement considerations
- Risk management for your agriculture business
- Virtual Q&A session after the panel discussion.
How to navigate today's top five retirement challenges
Thursday, February 23, 2023
11 a.m. PT | 12 p.m. MT | 1 p.m. CT | 2 p.m. ET | 3 p.m. AT | 3:30 p.m. NL
Whether you’re five years out from retirement or 15, there are significant forces and trends you may not be aware of that may affect your plans.
Join our host, financial planning author Melissa Leong, and expert panelists Philip Petursson, Chief Investment Strategist, and Christine Van Cauwenberghe, Head of Financial Planning at IG Wealth Management. They'll be covering the key questions and misunderstandings many Canadians have about retirement and reveal how your retirement plan can thrive during these volatile and uncertain times.
This is sure to be an informative and entertaining session. Our panel of experts will tackle your questions about:
- The main challenges retirees and pre-retirees face.
- Why your current approach to retirement might not be sufficient.
- How to remedy your current shortfalls.
Navigate the Peaks and Troughs
Thursday, January 19, 2023
11 a.m. PST /12 noon MST / 1 p.m. CST/ 2 p.m. EST / 3 p.m. AST / 3:30 p.m. NSL
Invite clients and prospective investors to this January webinar featuring Chief Investment Strategist,
Philip Petursson, hosted by acclaimed business journalist, Amanda Lang. This 2023 Market Outlook
year-opener session is one you do not want to miss.
The session will cover:
- What might investors expect
- Trends to watch closely in 2023
Live Q&A chat with a panel of experts
Retirement and estate planning for business owners
Tuesday, October 18, 2022
10 am PT | 11 am MT | 12 pm CT | 1 pm ET | 2 pm AT | 2:30 pm NL
Join our Chief Investment Strategist, Philip Petursson, as we look at the market for the remainder of 2022 and early 2023.
Join our expert panel as they discuss questions business owners should be asking themselves about retirement and estate planning for their private businesses.
The session will cover:
- Five key questions that business owners should ask themselves to guide their planning
- How to monetize the value of their business in retirement
- Solutions to maximize their estate values